Schmetterlinghaus - Schonbrunn-Zoo
Date: 28 April 2018
Price: $100 per person
Children: 0-2 $10 ; 3-10 $45
DEADLINE: 20 April 2018
***If possible ITT will extend the Deadlines
Distance from Base: 525 km
Method of Payment: Cash (USD) or Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard)
TRAVELING WITHOUT YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENT/PASSPORT WITHIN THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY COULD RESULT IN A LOCAL FINE
Lions, tigers and butterflies...oh my! The Butterfly House is in the very center of Vienna. It is part of the Hofburg Royal Palace and is situated on the edge of the Burggarten palace gardens, just by the Albertina Art Museum and 200 meters from the Opera House. Emperor Franz Josef I and Sisi, the Empress of Austria, found tranquility and quiet inside the wonderful Art Noveau building. Now allow yourself, to enjoy the amazing ambience and unique flora and fauna of the Butterfly House. The world’s oldest zoo is indeed an unforgettable experience, it is also a UNESCO world heritage site. With the historic complexes of the former "menagerie" of Emperor Francis Stephen of Lorraine, visitors discover what is perhaps the world's most beautiful zoo in a unique setting where culture and nature blend. More than 700 animal species, some of them threatened, have found a home here and a chance for survival as a species. From A as in anteater to Z as in zebra: A visit to the Schönbrunn Zoo is a tour through every continent in the fascinating world of animals. See giant pandas, Siberian tigers, orangutans, and elephants, or immerse yourself in the Amazon and experience the tropical rain forest. Modern zoos such as the Schönbrunn Zoo have become educational centers; they are showcases for teaching and research, and valuable partners for many nature and species conservation projects. Not only are the knowledge and experience of zoologists, veterinarians, and keepers available for such projects, but so are the threatened animal species that have been carefully bred in the scope of the international zoo network.
0400 Departure from AFRC (Flight line). ITT customers, please park in front of the AFRC. Stop for breakfast along the way. (not Included)
1000 Approximate arrival at Schmetterlinghaus. Free time to enjoy the butterfly house on your own. 1100 Departure to Tiergarten Schönbrunn, the oldest zoo in the world!
1130 Approximate arrival at the zoo. Free time for lunch and to explore the zoo on your own.
1600 Depart to Vienna center for dinner.
1630 Arrive in Vienna center for dinner. Tour escort will have suggestions and can make reservations on request. (not included)
1800 Departure to Spangdahlem.
2400 Approximate arrival in Spangdahlem.
Tour Price Includes: Roundtrip transportation by bus, entrance fee to Schmetterlinghaus, entrance fee to Tiergarten Schönbrunn Zoo and service of a tour escort for the entire trip.
PLEASE NOTE: Arrival and departure times are approximate and based on
Dates & Times
- Є per adult
- Є per child (3-12)
- Prices are in Euro, however we do accept $ and Є payments
- Round Trip Bus Transportation
- ITT Escort
- Guided City Tour
- Tips, meals, beverages and entrance fees not mentioned in tour description
- 25% up to 14 days prior to tour departure.
- 50% within 14 days of tour departure.
- No refunds for same day cancellations or no shows regardless of reason.
- Fees are per person based on total tour price.
Passport Information & Travel Documents
- Valid U.S. Tourist Passport.
- Military ID or Sponsored Base Visitor’s Pass.
- ITT Receipt / Reservation Confirmation
- Price and itinerary are subject to change.
- Non-smoking, non-alcoholic tour bus.
- Tour requires a minimum number of participants to confirm departure, full details on tour departure status is available on our website.
- For an enjoyable trip we suggest brining the following: local currency for drinks, meals and purchases, comfortable walking shoes, snacks, water and umbrella.