Distance from base: 380 km
The beautiful, picturesque city of Amsterdam is waiting for you, with its colorful, leaning buildings and rich history!
We depart the Eifel early in the morning and drive to Amsterdam, making a breakfast stop (not included) en route. Once you arrive in the city we will have our guided city bus tour, where we will explore many of Amsterdam’s famous areas and see its most famous sites. After the tour you have free time to explore Amsterdam on your own. You may wish to visit some of the many sights for which Amsterdam is known such as the Anne Frank House, the notorious hideaway, where young Anne and her family spent two years in hiding before their whereabouts were revealed to the Nazis, in the summer of 1944. Another must-see is the Van Gogh museum, housing some of the painter’s famous works of art. You may try the Heineken Experience, where you can see how the famous beer is made and try a taste. Madame Tussaud’s has wax replicas of some of the most famous people in the world. The Rijksmuseum is home to many works of art by Rembrandt and other Dutch masters such as Johannes Vermeer. Or just spend the day getting lost in the canals, shopping and gazing. In the late afternoon you will depart for home making a dinner stop (not included) en route.
Please note: This tour requires a valid travel passport!!!
0400 Departing Spangdahlem at parking lot bldg. 125 (behind legal office)
1000 Guided bus city tour of Amsterdam
1230 Canal Cruise
1330 Free time
1900 Departing Amsterdam
2400 ETA at Spangdahlem
Tour to be announced
The date and time will be published here as soon as the tour is available again. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our office.
- €XXX per adult
- €XXX per child (3-12)
- €XX per child (0-2)
- Method of payment: cash (EUR and US), credit card (MC, VS, AX)
- Round Trip Bus Transportation
- ITT Escort
- Guided bus city tour
- Canal cruise
- Entrance fees not mentioned in the tour description
- 25% up to 14 days prior to tour departure
- 50% within 14 days of tour departure
- No refund for same day cancellation or no-shows regardless of the reason
- No refund for SAPI prices
- Fees are per person based on total tour price
- Please note, cancellation policy applies to day tours only
- Different policy for overnight tours is mentioned separately in the individual itinerary
Passport Information & Travel Documents
- Valid US Tourist Passport and No-Fee Passport
- Military ID or Sponsored Base Visitor’s Pass
- ITT Receipt / Reservation Confirmation
- Price and itinerary are subject to change
- Non-smoking, non-alcoholic tour bus
- Tour requires a minimum number of participants to confirm, full details on tour departure status is available on our website.
- For an enjoyable trip, we suggest bringing the following: local currency for meals, drinks, and purchases, comfortable walking shoes, snacks, water, umbrella, camera. You may also bring a pillow and small blanket which you can leave on the bus.
- What is SAPI? SINGEL AIRMAN PROGRAMMING INITIATIVE - Who is eligible? U.S. Active Duty or Reserve Component personnel permanently assigned to an Air Force installation or Air Force-led Joint Base without a spouse.