Distance from base: 31 km
The Sebastiani´s Winery is located in Mehring in the Middle Mosel/Bernkastel area which is due to its southern-facing slopes one of the best areas for wines of great elegance. Your evening will start with a delicious warm German meal consisting of mixed garden salad with dressing, stuffed pork roast (Spiessbraten), a cream and cheese potato casserole (Au-gratin), and fresh German bread served at the vineyard home and will be followed by sampling a variety of Mosel wines. The history of German wines began with the ancient Romans who conquered the region about 100 B.C. and started cultivating grapes soon thereafter. The wines of the Mosel and its tributaries, the Saar and the Ruwer, are richly fragrant, pale in color and light-bodied with a lively, fruity acidity. You can also purchase some wine that you like best to enjoy another “wine evening” at home or with friends. Don’t forget to bring your VAT forms and the vendor also accepts Mastercard and Visa.
Dates & Times
1630 Departing Spangdahlem
1745 ETA at Mehring
1800 Winetasting & Dinner
2100 Departing Mehring
2200 ETA at Spangdahlem
- €65 per adult
- Adults only
- Method of payment: cash (EUR and US), credit card (MC, VS, AX)
Don't forget your VAT-Forms in case you want to purchase some wine!!!
- Round Trip Bus Transportation
- ITT Escort
- Dinner and Wine Tasting
- Entrance fees not mentioned in tour description
- 25% up to 14 days prior to tour departure
- 50% within 14 days of tour departure
- No refund for same day cancellation or no shows regardless of reason
- No refund for SAPI prices
- Fees are per person based on total tour price
- Please note, cancellation policy applies to day tours only
- Different policy for overnight tours is mentioned separately in the individual itinerary
Passport Information & Travel Documents
- Valid US Tourist Passport and No-Fee Passport
- Military ID or Sponsored Base Visitor’s Pass
- ITT Receipt / Reservation Confirmation
- Price and itinerary are subject to change
- Non-smoking, non-alcoholic tour bus
- Tour requires a minimum number of participants to confirm, full details on tour departure status is available on our website.
- For an enjoyable trip we suggest bringing the following: local currency for meals, drinks and purchases, comfortable walking shoes, snacks, water, umbrella, camera. You may also bring a pillow and small blanket which you can leave on the bus.
- What is SAPI? SINGEL AIRMAN PROGRAMMING INITIATIVE - Who is eligible? U.S. Active Duty or Reserve Component personnel permanently assigned to an Air Force installation or Air Force led Joint Base without a spouse.