Distance from base: 316 km
The Pumpkin Festival - the worlds largest Pumpkin Festival is home to 450,000 pumpkins which are displayed in the palace garden of Ludwigsburg: from smooth to bumpy, skinny to mammoth, and edible to decorative. With themes like "Pumpkin in Flight" or this year's "The Pumpkin Circus is Coming to Town!" pumpkins are transformed into elaborate action scenes and art pieces. The city brings in 150 tons of 500 different species of pumpkins making this the largest pumpkin exhibition in the world!! You are welcome to participate in their Halloween pumpkin carving days! Take the opportunity to carve out a pumpkin ghost or something similar - and even win great prizes! Tables and carving tools will be provided and carving debris will be cleared away. In addition, their pumpkin and carving pros will be on hand with helpful advice, and as needed, to provide assistance with carving and packaging the artwork for the trip home. Pumpkins for carving can be obtained on-site - they have a huge selection to choose from. As soon as the pumpkin is paid for, you can get started.
While you are at the Ludwigsburg also visit the beautiful castle gardens. The kids may enjoy the Fairytale Garden. Enter a boat or get on the Fairytale Express and see "clever Else", "Pinocchio" and many more. Get friendly with the animals at the petting zoo.
If you have some energy left visit the ice house which was the baroque equivalent to a refrigerator to store large quantities of food in a cool environment.
There is also a maze with a surprising water display at the center.
Dates & Times
0700 Departing Spangdahlem
1100 ETA at Ludwigsburg
1800 Departing Ludwigsburg
2200 ETA at Spangdahlem
- €70 per adult
- €63 per child (3-12)
- €25 per child (0-2)
- Method of payment: cash (EUR and US), credit card (MC, VS, AX)
- Round Trip Bus Transportation
- ITT Escort
- Entrance fees not mentioned in the tour description
- 25% up to 14 days prior to tour departure
- 50% within 14 days of tour departure
- No refund for same day cancellation or no-shows regardless of the reason
- No refund for SAPI prices
- Fees are per person based on total tour price
- Please note, cancellation policy applies to day tours only
- Different policy for overnight tours is mentioned separately in the individual itinerary
Passport Information & Travel Documents
- Valid US Tourist Passport and No-Fee Passport
- Military ID or Sponsored Base Visitor’s Pass
- ITT Receipt / Reservation Confirmation
- Price and itinerary are subject to change
- Non-smoking, non-alcoholic tour bus
- Tour requires a minimum number of participants to confirm, full details on tour departure status is available on our website.
- For an enjoyable trip, we suggest bringing the following: local currency for meals, drinks, and purchases, comfortable walking shoes, snacks, water, umbrella, camera. You may also bring a pillow and small blanket which you can leave on the bus.
- What is SAPI? SINGEL AIRMAN PROGRAMMING INITIATIVE - Who is eligible? U.S. Active Duty or Reserve Component personnel permanently assigned to an Air Force installation or Air Force-led Joint Base without a spouse.